Saturday, May 20, 2017

Elton to Make First Public Appearance Since Health Scare at Cannes Film Festival

SIR Elton John will make his first public appearance since his latest health scare at the Cannes Film Festival on Monday.


The Rocket Man, 70, was struck down with a “bacterial infection” last month which resulted in him spending two nights in intensive care.

He was travelling on a flight home from Santiago, Chile, when he became violently ill.

But he’s been deemed fit enough to attend a special press conference in the South of France to mark the culmination of a YouTube contest in his honour.

A source said: “Elton wasn’t sure if he was going to be able to appear at the event on Monday but his recovery has been quicker than expected.

“He hates sitting around waiting for things to happen so he was over the moon when get the okay to do the event.”

The singer spent two nights in intensive care followed by an “extended stay” in hospital before being discharged on April 22.

Fans weren’t expecting to see Elton until June 3 when was set to resume his touring schedule in Twickenham—but the star insisted he attend the press conference in Cannes.

He will announce three new videos made by members of the public for his hits—Tiny Dancer, Rocket Man and Benny and The Jets— as part of a competition.

- The Sun

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent to hear of your recovery. Best wishes Elton!

Tom C