Monday, August 17, 2015
Elton to Sue 3 French Magazines
The 68-year-old star and his 52-year-old husband are particularly angry about the slurs because the couple are the parents to two young boys: Zachary, four, and Elijah, two.
Sir Elton recently checked out of a hospital in Monaco after a week of treatment. As The Mail on Sunday reported last week, Sir Elton insisted his leg swelled up during a game of tennis.
Now Vincent Toledano, Sir Elton’s French lawyer, said writs were being issued against three media outlets for publishing ‘unfounded rumours’.
Mr Toledano said: ‘Sir Elton John and David Furnish have instructed my office to pursue through the justice system the violation of the right to respect for their private life due to the publishing by Closermag.fr, TeleStar.fr and VSD of unfounded rumours about their health.’
He said Sir Elton and Furnish ‘will no longer tolerate the violation of their privacy and the exploitation of their renown and their image for commercial ends in France’.
Sources close to Sir Elton said earlier this month that the veteran rocker was admitted to hospital in July while on holiday.
He was taken to a top private hospital after he found an abscess on his thigh, which mysteriously ‘swelled like a balloon’ and became unbearably painful during a game of tennis.
His sons stayed behind at his villa in the exclusive area of Mont Boron, near Cap Ferrat, while Elton was monitored and administered with a cocktail of injections, including an adrenaline shot.
- Daily Mail
at 12:11 AM