Friday, May 20, 2011

Isle of Man Concert Threatened by Logistics


Although Elton John’s June 16 concert was not part of the Bay Festival event, it was to use the same marquee in Noble’s Park.

Organisers are now facing ‘logistical issues’ and it is therefore uncertain whether the star’s show will now go ahead.

The promoters said: ‘Because both the Elton John concert and the Bay Festival were due to share the same infrastructure in Noble’s Park, there are some logistical issues to resolve to ensure that the concert will go ahead.’

The promoters are working with the government and Douglas Corporation.

Community Culture and Leisure Minister David Cretney MHK said the Villa Marina, with a capacity of just 1,700 had been ruled out, given that Elton John was a sell-out, with ticket sales of between 6,000 and 7,000. Mr Cretney said the Villa Gardens or Noble’s Park were possibilities and a third option was the newly-revamped Bowl.

Tickets for the Elton John concert are due to be dispatched from next week.

- IOM Today

2 comments:

Mark said...

I spent £185 on two tickets, should a venue be found of a lesser quality. How can the event guarantee the same quality indoor seating close to the stage. The last thing we want is an out door big screen. No info is published or any updates offered at all !!!! - IOM residents have little or no faith in the Goverment to deliver.

Anonymous said...

I didnt pay for an outside concert, I bought tickets for inside a tent so i could bring my children. What about the people who have only paid to watch it outside on a screen,It will be a case of first in best place. This is not a Government venture so why should they be sorting it out.