Tuesday, June 15, 2010
No Charges for Man who Threatened EJ
ATLANTA — Charges have been dropped just before the trial of a Georgia man accused of threatening Elton John on the Internet and outside the singer's Atlanta condominium.
The case against Neal Horsley was dismissed by Fulton County Superior Court Judge Kimberly Esmond Adams before a trial was due to start Monday.
Horsley was apparently angered when John told an interviewer that he believed Jesus was gay. The judge said Horsley's actions didn't warrant criminal charges.
The 65-year-old Horsley had been charged with making terroristic threats, criminal defamation and using the Internet to disseminate threats.
Prosecutors say Horsley posted threats against John online and that he picketed outside John's Atlanta property with a sign that said "Why Elton John Must Die."
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
AIDS Walk Atlanta
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)