Saturday, February 20, 2010

Face to Face Tour Will Not Continue Past March


The much rumored return of Elton John and Billy Joel to Chicago's Wrigley field in 2010 does not seem likely to happen.

That's the word directly from Sir Elton himself in a WGN-TV interview today. Talking to entertainment reporter, Dean Richards, John said, "I'd love to be able to do it, but unfortunately, Billy has decided to take a year off."

The Grammy winning singer-songwriter added, "as far as I know, there will be no more Billy and Elton shows after the Albany show in New York on March 11th and that breaks my heart since I was so looking forward to coming back there. I'm heartbroken and very cut-up. It's not my decision, it's Billy decision but unfortunately, that's not going to be happening."

When asked if he'll team up with someone else for a tour, he said, "I don't know if this will ever happen again."

- WGNTV.COM

"Billy just wants to take a year off, and I'm so disappointed because when we came to Wrigley Field last year -- I'm a huge baseball fan, I saw my first baseball game at Wrigley Field and it was like playing in the church of baseball -- I was so delighted to be there, and we had such a wonderful two days," John told NBC Chicago. "I'm absolutely gutted because I'm so looking forward to coming back to play there."

The announcement came during a satellite interview for NBC Chicago's "The Talk" program. John was invited on to discuss his involvement in the Broadway musical "Billy Elliot," which is coming to Chicago next month. John composed the music in the production.

John said he will be in Chicago "with bells on" when Billy Elliot hits the Ford Center/Oriental Theatre beginning March 18.
Last year, John and Joel paired up for two shows at the Friendly Confines as part of their Face 2 Face tour. They played twin pianos and traded vocals, with each artist performing a set with his own band.

- NBC CHICAGO

 

No comments: